All the Deputy Labour Commissioners except Deputy Labour Commissioner (IR), Ernakulam and Dy.Labour Commissioner (HQ) are acting as authorities exclusively dealing quasi-judicial functions under the labour enactments given below:-
1. Workmens' Compensation Act.
2. Kerala Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (Shop appeal).
3. Claims under Minimum Wages Act.
4. Kerala Payment of Subsistence Allowance Act.
5. Kerala Casual Temporary and Badli workers Act.
6. Kerala Industrial Employment (Standing orders) Act.
The Regional Joint Labour Commissioners are functioning as Appellate Authorities under the Kerala Head Load workers Act, Payment of Gratuity Act, Kerala Industrial Employment (standing orders) Act, etc. The DLOS are the controlling authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act, and Conciliation Officer under the Kerala Head Load Workers Act for settling / deciding disputes under the said Act besides other functions.